Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day Part II




I hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day. Ryan and I have been sick all week long. Me longer than him. Monday evening we both spent the night on the bathroom floors. It was quite an experience. We have never been sick like that at the same time and it's the first time I have ever seen him throw up. Let me just say I was in bed laughing so hard! It was so funny. The rest of the week was spent eating crackers and drinking Gatorade! So planning a fun Valentine's Day was the last thing on our list. But Saturday night Ryan surprised me with a steak dinner, flowers, and wine. I had a whole 5 bites, but it was delicious. He had the rest of my steak. :) Then we decided we needed desert so I randomly had all the ingredients for a homemade carrot cake. I know, I said it was random. The picture above is a breakfast I made for him this morning. I was much more chipper and too myself and wanted to do something nice for him. I found this recipe on the Martha Stewart website. It's a strawberry shortcake cut out into hearts. As I was making it this morning I realized that this is actually a dessert and not a typical breakfast item, but the recipe was under the breakfast category? Nevertheless, I loaded my husband up on sugar and he was happy. I also cut out the little hearts and stapled it in place of Ryan's tea bag. Something else I found on Martha's website. Also, it was the only craft I could do for free and wouldn't take me 5+hours to make!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment